LEC Minutes September 21, 2016

OPSEU Local 4101

LEC Meeting

September 21st, 2016

2255 St. Laurent Blvd, Regional Office

Present: Shari, Cam, Stephan, Natalie, Shelley, Kate, Elaine, Veronik

Regrets: Nicole, Sherry, Pam, Marta, Jessica, Louise

Recorder: Shari Greenhorn

Call to order By Cam Manson
Statement of respect Read by Cam Manson
Adoption of Agenda Accepted.
Minutes Acceptance of minutes from February and June moved by Nat moved and seconded by Kate – approved.
Business Arising  
Treasurer’s report Report from Elaine – up to date with dues rebates; our balance at the end of July is approximately $73,000; last dues rebate was $7,400; will set up an appt with the auditors before our next GMM.
Correspondence None
New Members Shannon provided forms to Shari who will send them to the regional office; Kate has 2 that she will send in and Veronik has one – will get these to the regional office as well.
Reports of officers CCAC – two recent grievances – one staff member was forced to resign and came back as a casual “starting from scratch” – this was reversed; another grievance around the approval of vacation time is being dealt with at this time.

 

Carefor – no grievances but they are having discussions around mileage; the employer arbitrarily decreased the amount per km.

 

Connexions – new ED starts on Oct 3/16 and will soon go into bargaining – no dates set at this time.

Steward List Sent out to LEC members and will send out again to ensure that everyone has a copy.
Committee Reports Communications Committee – a mtg will be set up to review what communication needs to be sent out in the near future in terms of restructuring; Kate attended an Editor’s weekend last year but found it was less than helpful as it was super low tech (scissors and glue sticks); Elaine will give Kate some info to possibly help update the web-site.
Bylaws Currently up to date.
New Business  
CCAC restructuring Pediatric and short stay teams will be restructured; 9 FTEs from peds and one from short stay oncology; more short stay reorganization will probably happen in Feb; looking at lay-off language as per the CA; the union was informed 1 hour before the staff on the affected teams were advised; met today to look at an MOA and how choices will be made; the pediatric team will also change in how they do care coordination; the union continues to try to work with the employer; the employer talked about implementing this in early December but only verbal notice has been given this far; the CA states that we need to have 3 months’ notice; there will be working groups for peds and short stay set up to try to map out the new positions on these teams; the employer is obligated to provide written notice of 3 months which they have yet to do; the employer is not using the lay-off language as they are saying that these changes are not lay-offs.

 

Rumour that there is a job-posting freeze at this time; the employer can post temporary positions as they feel they need; orientation started on Sept 19/16 and there is supposed to be another orientation in October.

GMM Discussion around how to increase attendance; Steph moved to have iPad minis and door prizes again like we did for last GMM including mileage over 60 km one way and ½ of the hotel cost – seconded by Veronik.

 

Date for next GMM Saturday, November 19th – stewards will put a ‘save the date’ on the bulletin boards.

 

Elaine looking into a venue and Shari will send a ‘save the date’ message to the LEC group; Elaine will send a message out to the membership.

 

Elections for convention & BPS conference will be held at this GMM.

 

Looking for ideas around a broad topic to discuss at the GMM for the spring – possibly some group work with presentations at the meeting in relation to the changes in the health system; idea to send out a request with the ‘save the date’ for members to send in ideas of what they would like to see or hear about at the GMM;

 

Motion to spend up to $500 for a gift basket for Louise and seconded by Natalie; unanimously agreed to purchase a variety of items to say thank-you for all of the work that Louise does for our local and for the community health care professional provincial group; Elaine, Veronik and Shari will purchase items for a gift basket which Stephan will deliver.

 

Motion to adjourn the meeting Motion to adjourn by Stephan and seconded by Veronik. Meeting adjourned.
Next meeting date TBD

About opseu4101

We are OPSEU members who are health care professionals working in the community. We are case managers, nurses, nurse practioners, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, social workers,dietitians, IT workers, therapy support, placement coordinators and geriatric assessors. We work for the Champlain CCAC, Carefor, L'Equipe de santé familiale communautaire de l'est d'Ottawa and L'Equipe de santé familiale Connexion (Connexion Family Health Team)
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.